China to carry out Special Inspection Campaign for Bulkers
The Maritime Safety Administration (MSA) will carry out a special inspection of internationally trading bulk carriers greater than 10,000GT and 15 years or older.
Focus on structural safety:
The special inspection campaign will be carried out concurrently with Port State Control (PSC) inspections and Flag State inspections between 15 June and 31 December 2017.
The primary focus of the inspections is bulk carrier structural safety issues.
Inspections may include:
- Loading / unloading plan agreed by the ship and terminal (IMO ResA.862(20)
- Approved cargo / ballast operation manual
- ESP documents of bulk carrier (IMO Res. A744(18))
- Thickness measurement reports
- Weather tightness of hatch covers
- Hatch corners and hatch coamings
- Frames and plating of Cargo holds
- Bulkhead structures of Cargo holds
- Ballast tank structures.
Did you subscribe for our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!