David Letterman : Television host
David Michael Letterman is an American television talk show host, comedian, writer, producer, and actor.
He hosted a late night television talk show for 33 years, beginning with the February 1, 1982 .
Born: April 12, 1947 (age 68), Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Height: 1.88 m
Spouse: Regina Lasko (m. 2009), Michelle Cook (m. 1969–1977)
Children: Harry Joseph Letterman
Parents: Harry Joe Letterman, Dorothy Mengering
Few things need to know about David Letterman:
- He was credited in several movies as Earl Hofert, which is actually his uncle’s name.
- He uses parts of his older monologues in new ones for adding comedic effect to his show.
- He covered for Johnny Carson many times before losing The Tonight Show to Jay Leno.
- He owns his own production company, record label and charitable organization.
- He tosses a pencil at the end of every show, but they’ve got erasers on both ends.
- He was voted Class Smart Alec in high school.