Facebook enjoys doubled earnings in the fourth quarter of 2015.
Mark Zuckerberg, Chief Executive of the market thriving social media Facebook said that 2015 was a “great year for Facebook. Our community continued to grow and our business is thriving.”
Returning to business after his paternity Mark celebrated the doubled fourth quarter earnings of 2015.
This result has broken analysts’ expectations for ten consecutive quarters.
2015 Financial highlights
- The company founded in 2004 has made 44% revenue gain year over year.
- Income from operations for the full year 2015 was $6.23 billion.
- Net income for the full year 2015 was $3.69 billion.
- Free cash flow for the full year 2015 was $6.08 billion.
- Daily active users (DAUs) were 1.04 billion on average for December 2015, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs were 934 million on average for December 2015, an increase of 25% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) were 1.59 billion as of December 31, 2015, an increase of 14% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs – Mobile MAUs were 1.44 billion as of December 31, 2015, an increase of 21% year-over-year.
2015 fourth quarter highlights:
- Mobile advertising revenue represented approx. 80% of advertising revenue for fourth quarter. This is 69% more than that of 2014.
- Capital expenditure of 2015 were $692 million.
- Free cash flow for fourth quarter of 2015 was $2.14 billion.
This shows a clear doubled financial proceeds in the fourth quarter of 2015.