On October 25, Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. (MES) has finally completed and delivered a 60,000 dwt type bulk carrier ‘M.V. Venezia’ to Eastern Mediterranean Maritime Limited. The new carrier is the 26th ship belonging to MES “Neo60BC” series and third Eco-Ship line up of MES “neo series”.
- Length overall: 199.99 m
- Breadth (molded): 32.25 m
- Depth (molded): 18.50 m
- Gross Tonnage: 34,094
- Deadweight: 60,388 metric tons
- Main Engine: MITSUI-MAN B&W 6S50ME-B9.3 Diesel Engine x1set
- Service Speed: abt. 14.5 knots
- Complement: 24 persons
- Classification Society: NK
- Flag: Republic of Malta
- Date of Delivery: 25th October, 2017
- The vessel is equipped with four cranes and five cargo holds with superior usability of “Mitsui 56”.
- The vessel has a maximum carrying weight of 60,000 DWT with Panamax beam to maintain ‘neo56’ compatibility for ports and trade routes.
- The vessel has been customized for loading various cargos like coal, ore, grain, as well as lengthy/heavy cargo such as steel pipe and hot coil.
- A new bow and stern design has been designed for enhanced performance in rough sea conditions and to provide good maneuverability.
- The size of hatch opening is the largest for this type of vessel in terms of both length and width.
- Main Engine, MITSUI-MAN B&W 6S50ME-B9.3 Diesel Engine , complying with MARPOL NOx restriction (Tier-II) for exhaust gas emissions, gives superior fuel oil consumption over wide range of output.
- The ship is equipped with low sulfur fuel oil tanks, which are designed for operation in ECA (Emission Control Areas).
Did you subscribe for our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!