|Incident||: Piracy Attempt|
|Vessel||: M/V Cecilia|
|Date||: October 10, 2015|
|En route||: Davao to Santos City|
The crew members onboard the Philippine-flagged vessel, which was travelling off the Davao del Sur province, thwarted a piracy attempt.
At the Scene:
- Eight men on two motorized boats were arriving towards the vessel.
- Captain Elvy Elim saw the pirate boats approaching the vessel and alerted the Coastguard.
- He alerted the crew members to seal the entry points and lock themselves in their rooms.
- The Pirates rounded the ship and tried to enter the rooms for food.
- One hour after the distress signal the response team arrived.
- The empty-handed pirates left the scene before the arrival of the response team.
Source: CTV News