Technical Advisor (Testing Services – Marine)
Viswa Group of Companies
About the Company and the Opportunity
Viswa Group is a known leader in Consultancy, Inspection &Testing, and Software and Abatement technology for Marine Industry since 1991. We offer comprehensive solutions covering wide portfolio of business across APAC and globally for over 9000 ships. Details can be viewed at http://theviswagroup.com/
The Technical Advisor Position with Viswa Group is a unique opportunity for you to acquire in-depth knowledge about cutting edge technology used in Marine Fuel and lubricant testing and their application in providing solution to customer in condition monitoring, Technical and Operational advice. At Viswa Group, Technical team work round the clock to provide required advise, support and solutions to Ship’s Owners, Managers, Charterer and their On-board Officers with respect to fuel quality, fuel treatment, Engine Performance issues, lub oil and cylinder drain oil condition monitoring and Optimisation. The Services and Solutions offered by us are highly technical and you will receive the training to become an expert on assessing quality of fuel based on tested results, ISO 8217 fuel quality standard, various ISO and ASTM test methods, Forensic testing, Claims etc. We do it so much so and do it so well that in the industry we are known as ‘A Problem Solving Lab’.
- Attend training at our Singapore Analytical testing laboratory and/or US laboratory. (Approximately 3 to 6 months). Training is paid.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our lab testing and advisory Services through classes, seminars, and on-the-job training.
- Prepare Routine reports, Advance test reports, and Forensic reports in a timely fashion and disseminate at the shortest time possible.
- Respond to customer email promptly.
Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to challenges customers present you which may require attending their calls in odd hours during emergency, going on-board ship to collect samples for investigation, even at times sailing with the ship for a brief period.
- Play the role of key account manager as assigned and ensure customer satisfaction at all level.
- Arrange technical seminars, Workshop, deliver technical talks as required.
- Manage day-to-day activities with little to no managerial supervision.
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
How to qualify
- Preferably Degree in the Marine Engineering field/Mechanical engineering/ Chemical Engineering.
- Experience as an Engineering/ Deck officer in merchant navy is preferred.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and proactively react to customer questions and requests.
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to Viswa Group’s success.
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and lab process policies.
- Willingness to travel the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction
- You are interested in technology and have a strong technical aptitude.
- You have a strong work ethic and want to work hard.
- You want the opportunity to advance within one company.
- You enjoy speaking to people on the phone or in person.
- You enjoy analysing large amount of data and find solutions out of it
- You are goal-oriented and pro-active.
- A competitive salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- We offer a 5.5 day work week.
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a cover letter to [email protected]
Dated: The 25th of Aug, 2018.