The CMA CGM Upgrades Fleet Adding CAYENNE- First Of Its GUYANAMAX 3 Vessel Series
The CMA CGM, a worldwide leading shipping group, has upgraded its fleet sailing from North Brazil and The Caribbean. The new vessel has a container capacity of 2100 TEU that comprises of 530 Reefer containers.
The vessel is 190m long and 30 m wide. It was constructed at the Hyundai Mipo Dockyard, Korea. Other special features of the ship are:
- It is to be a UK registered vessel.
- It is fitted with bulbous bow shapes to improve hydrodynamics at speeds ranging between 16-18 knots.
- For economical fuel consumption, it comes fitted with an electronically controlled long stroke engine, a technology that will significantly reduce CO2 emissions and carbon footprints.
- The rudder with bulb is fitted with a twisted leading edge
- With a ballast water treatment system.
The voyage chartered for this vessel is to be of 42-days rotation, joining North of Europe, Caribbean, French Guyana and North Brazil each week. The ports that the vessel will call on are Natal, Algeciras, Fortaleza, Belem, Degrad des Cannes, Spain, Philipsburg, Le Havre, Rouen, Tillbury, Rotterdam, Algeciras.