4-Vehicle Pile Up On AY Expressway in Singapore
On Wednesday, two lorries, a tipper truck and a taxi collided causing a major pile up along the Ayer Rajah Expressway near the Clementi Ave 2 exit in the direction of Tuas. Two fire engines, two ambulances, a fire bike and a support vehicle sent by Singapore Civil Defence Force(SCDF) reached the scene for rescue. The investigations for the cause are underway.
At the scene:
- The tipper truck driver, trapped inside the vehicle had to be freed using a hydraulic rescue equipment.
- The front section of a lorry faced severe damages. The police took driver and another man injured to the National University Hospital for treatment.
- The traffic was congested for about 4 km away from the accident site.
This accident is the third one on this expressway.
- On Monday, a 63-year-old man’s action allegedly caused an eight-vehicle pile-up near the South Buona Vista exit towards Changi, involving a motorcycle, lorry, two cars and four taxis.
- On Tuesday morning, a cement truck involved in an accident, blocking lanes one, two and three on the AYE near the Clementi Ave 2 exit.
Source: The Straits Times