Katana is an invention made by Israel. It is an unmanned surface vessel (USV) combat marine system for use guarding Israel’s coast and growing offshore investments.
Katana is a multifunctional vessel and ‘marine system’ that provides various capabilities such as advanced communications, weapons systems, and varied payloads.
Watch the video of the amazing unmanned surface vessel and it features.
- The Cruising Speed of the boat is 30 kn with a maximum speed of 60 kn.
- It runs on 2×560 hp Maritime Diesel Engines.
- The vessel has a Public Address System.
- It also has a 360º Observation system.
- The mission range is 350 nm.
- It has an Advanced Naval Radar & AIS along with a Rapid Obscuring system.
- It has autonomous Navigation, planning, debriefing and recording capabilities.