Have you ever wondered Which Shipyard in the world has delivered most ships?
Here is your Answer.
HHI – Hyundai Heavy Industries – delivers its 2000th Ship.
Some Important Facts from HHI History:
- The world’s first shipbuilder to deliver its 2,000th ship,
- The 2,000th ship is a DRILL SHIP named “Ocean BlackLion”,
- “Ocean BlackLion” was delivered to U.S. oil drilling firm Diamond Offshore,
- The total weight of the 2,000 ships that HHI has delivered reaches 126 million gigatons.
- HHI built its first ship ― a 266,000-ton very large crude carrier (VLCC) ― at the shipyard in the Mipo Bay in Ulsan, southeast of Seoul, in 1974.
- March 2002, HHI set the 1,000th ship-delivery record.
- In 2004, HHI posted 100 million gross tonnage in ship delivery for the first time in the world, becoming the world’s top shipbuilder.
- HHI has delivered ships to 308 client companies in 51 countries, including Greece, Germany, Japan and Denmark. Among the 2,000 ships were 583 container ships, 232 tank ships and 147 VLCCs.