A haunting note ‘The power of the demons was stronger than the will to live’ was recovered along with some photos near the mummified body of a German adventurer, who was found dead on his yacht off the coast of the Philippines.
- Manfred Fritz Bajorat, 59, found off coast of Barobo by two fishermen in Surigao del Sur.
- His mummified body has been found still slumped at a desk, on a ship which could have drifted for years without a living crew.
- His body is believed to have stayed so well preserved due to salty air, hot weather and dry winds.
- A letter to his late wife was uncovered as well as old family photos.
- He sat hunched over his arms as if he was sleeping, the radio inches from his hand as if he intended to make one last distress call.
Manfred Fritz Bajorat, 59, wrote a thirty two word memoriam to his beloved wife Claudia, who died from cancer aged 53 on 2 May 2010.
‘Thirty years we’re been together on the same path. Then the power of the demons was stronger than the will to live. You’re gone. May your soul find its peace. Your Manfred,’ it read.
Source: Daily Mail