RINA and VRMedia offer a digital solution for remote and smart inspections for the Marine sector. The service is provided through smart helmets operated by a user-friendly RINACube hosted application.
In the inspection field, new technologies can support human inspectors augmenting their capabilities; smart helmets are therefore employed to support traditional visual inspections.
The Kiber Helmet is a wearable device for onboard engineers that, combined with Kiber Communication software, connects them with inspectors or specialised experts ashore.
Kiber Helmet capabilities
- Allows engineers and inspectors to see what the person wearing the helmet is seeing in real time
- Enables high-resolution image capture and real-time mark-up of images
- Supports easy document share
- Permits multiple people support sessions, with video recording and playback
- Reduction of travel time and related costs
- One single point of collection for photos, video and documents
- Fewer miscommunications
- Possibility to involve the right capability also remotely.
Who is benefitted?
- Classification Societies, to carry out remote inspection activities, when allowed by regulations
- Shipowners and ship managers, to provide remote assistance from ashore for crew members onboard ships
- Other entities, to perform ad-hoc remote surveys.
RINACube digital platform hosts the Kiber application software which works also on mobile/tablet devices optimising the bandwidth required.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe !