With 95 confirmed cases and 7 dead, South Korea is on war with the virus and more than that the fear of contamination. Till date nearly 2,500 people remain quarantined in home and health facilities. More than 2,000 schools remain closed.
Virus is still fairly new.
- Predominantly MERS deaths have been among older adults with pre-existing conditions.
- Doctors and scientists do not know the exact source or mode of its transmission.
- It does not transmit easily between people.
- Virus spreads from close contact with an ill person, usually by living with them or caring for them, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Hong Kong to issue a travel alert to its residents.
Please check our other articles to know more about do’s and don’t s on MERS.