NYK teams with Weathernews and Kozo Keikaku plans to develop a new company to provide market next-generation solutions in the shipping and logistics fields.
Symphony Creative Solutions Pte. Ltd. (SCS) is the new company being formed by NYK and two of its wholly-owned subsidiaries, the Monohakobi Technology Institute and NYK Business Systems Co. Ltd., along with Weathernews Inc. and Kozo Keikaku Engineering Inc. in Singapore.
About Symphony Creative Solutions Pte. Ltd.:
- The SCS head office will be located at Block 71, Singapore.
- The new company combines:
- NYK Group’s knowledge, on-site capabilities and the global network accumulated in the shipping and logistics businesses.
- Weathernews’ innovative infrastructure network and weather forecast technology.
- Kozo Keikaku Engineering’s cutting-edge simulations created through advanced operations research techniques and data-analysis technology.
- In the area of solutions development, a “lean startup methodology” which is based on an entrepreneurial business work-style often undertaken in Silicon Valley, will be thoroughly employed.
This joint development project was selected by NYK’s Creative Solutions Development Fund* during the fund’s first call for applications. The NYK Group continually promotes creative solutions, as upheld in its medium-term management plan “More Than Shipping 2018,” and aims to create new value in the supply chain by providing innovative next-generation services that support customers’ needs in logistics.