The recent honor to Caitlyn Jenner, in Glamour Magazine’s Women of the year award, raised awareness of the Transgender community. But many say a lot of work still needs to be done.
Serena Daniari, a local transgender woman, is hoping her story will help others.
- Serena is a twin and was also born a man.
- She grew in Dallas, and couldn’t express what she felt inside easy.
- After several years, she underwent a gender confirmation surgery with the help of Dr. Harrison Lee, the same plastic surgeon who helps Kaitlyn Jenner in her transformation.
- With eight surgeries in 14 months, she stepped publicly in the social media – what it’s been like to be a transgender woman in the online dating world.
- Daniari is now a spokesperson for AOL’s Built by Girls campaign, an online movement designed to empower women in the workplace.
Source: Fox 5 NY News