A framework agreement between Trelleborg Offshore operations and Statoil, for the supply of Passive Fire Protection Solution, has been signed. The fire protection product, FireNut, will be manufactured at the facility in Krokstadelva, Norway.
- The firenut is made from Trelleborg’s unique rubber with firestop technology.
- It can be used on Flanges and bolts that can extend the service life in the event of a fire.
- The installation, inspection and maintenance of flanges are simplified.
- It prevents damage to bolt threads and reduces elongation of bolts even after direct impact from a jet fire at 1,300°C/ 2,372°F.
- This product has excellent resistance to mechanical damage.
- This Nut can accommodate any size of bolt.
Jørgen Sletten, Business Group Director for Trelleborg’s offshore operation in Norway said, “We have a long history of working together with Statoil and we believe they have seen firsthand that our products and solutions can increase efficiency and reduce costs. This framework will lay the foundation for FireNut to become a preferred bolt protection solution on all Statoil offshore installations in operation.”
Source: Trelleborg AB