MSC Oscar is the world’s largest containership. The christening celebrations took place on 8th January, 2015. The vessel takes its name from the son of Mr Diego Aponte, the President & CEO of the Mediterranean Shipping Company. This ship was built in Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering(DSME) shipyard, South Korea.
- The vessel is 395.4 m long and 59 m wide.
- It is classified under DNV GL class ship.
- The deck area of the vessel is equivalent to four football fields.
- This panama-flagged vessel can carry 19,224 TEUs.
- It can travel at a speed of 22.8 knots.
- The fuel consumption of this vessel per day is 225 tons.
Watch the video that explains the above mentioned features in a different way.