Turkey has launched a new amphibious ship on October 3rd, 2015. This ship, Bayraktar, is aimed to meet the operational requirements of the Turkish Naval Forces Commands.
About the ship:
- It is a fast amphibious vessel of upper-intermediate size with powerful armaments.
- The primary function of the ship will be amphibious operations and troop transfer.
- It will also be useful for swift humanitarian interventions and search-and-rescue work in disaster areas.
- Weight: 7,125 tons
- Length: 140 meters
- Width: 20 meters
- Speed: 18 knots(at full load)
- Estimated life: 40 years
- The crew capacity of the ship will be:
- 12 officers
- 51 petty officers
- 66 privates
- A 17-strong joint operations personnel
- A total of 350 marines.
- The Bayraktar is capable of carrying 1,180 tons of mixed vehicles or cargo.
- It has also a helicopter field.
Source: Türk Özel Kuvvetleri on YouTube