Following an online nomination procedure that was started a few months in advance and where industry stakeholders suggested recommendations, SAFETY4SEA is happy to present the distinguished shortlisted nominees for the 2023 GREEN4SEA Awards. The awards are intended to honour those companies who have excelled in promoting environmentally friendly and sustainable shipping.
GREEN4SEA Sustainability Award
To be awarded to any organization that promoted an ESG agenda and contributed towards sustainable shipping
- ABS has been nominated for focusing on sustainability practices for the maritime community. ABS has established five sustainability centres globally and develops new tools and services to help shipowners decarbonize their fleets. For example, ABS has recently launched a new sustainability reporting and assurance service.
- ERMA FIRST has been nominated for adopting an ESG strategy, focusing on a wide-ranging corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy. Among many initiatives, ERMA FIRST has unveiled a mural in central Athens to promote maritime sustainability and raise awareness of environmental issues within the local community.
- Lloyd’s Register Maritime Decarbonization Hub has been nominated for providing the leadership and collaboration needed to shape safe and sustainable pathways to the decarbonization of the shipping industry. In essence, the Hub demonstrates the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks of potential pathways to decarbonize.
- Odfjell SE has been nominated for focusing on climate risk, addressing how this would affect business, people and impact the fleet. In 2021, Odfjell linked their climate targets to financing by issuing the world’s first sustainability-linked bond in our industry, and all new mortgaged loans have since been sustainability-linked.
- Sustainable Shipping Initiative (SSI) has been nominated for its overall contribution to sustainability. Key initiatives include: developing a Roadmap to a sustainable shipping industry; Delivering on seafarers’ rights; Exploring shipping’s transition to a circular industry and pioneering work on Sustainable biofuels for shipping.
Did you subscribe to our newsletter?
It’s free! Click here to subscribe!