Pacific Eden, dubbed “floating disaster ship” and described as ‘worse than a one-star motel’ by holidaymakers had returned to Sydney on Monday after a serious sanitation session. Pacific Eden was disinfected at White Bay on Monday.
The outbreak of 60 cases of gastroenteritis and other complaints about cleanliness, service and amenities had embittered many holidaymakers some of whom are demanding their money back.
Passengers can follow some of the basic hygiene procedures to avoid infection:
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water
- Wash fruit and vegetables
- Ensure seafood is properly cooked
- Close toilet lid while flushing
- Avoid sharing food or utensils