“Enekarte” is a vessel inspection system based on tablet computer. This was developed in cooperation with Azbil Corporation (a major Japanese provider of instrumentation devices) by MOL (TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd) capable of onboard Inspection, enhancement of safe operation – electronic checklist. It reflects a more efficient and higher quality inspections.
The system features digitalized inspection checklists to improve the efficiency and quality of inspection operations. Results are collected as data to be analyzed and used for safe operation, education and training and technology development, ensuring the safe, reliable transportation of customers’ cargo.
MOL strives to realize its goal of becoming “the world leader in safe operation,” as stated in the management plan STEER FOR 2020.
The advantages are:
- Data is graphed, making it easy to track changes over time.
- Abnormalities detected can immediately be stored as photo and video images.
- Inspection results can be displayed immediately, leading to smoother communication among crewmembers.
- Data can be transmitted from onboard to the safe operation management database on shore.
- Checklists can be utilized as crew education and training tools.
- Audiovisual data helps prevent abnormalities from being overlooked.
- Eliminates the need for paper forms, reducing waste generated onboard.
- Easy to carry, so inspectors can move around the ship safely and efficiently.
- Inspectors can easily check various guidelines and rules in work areas.
Source: Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd.