- Niagara Falls’ premier tour operator, Maid of the Mist, christened two new electric emission-free Catamarans, the first of their kind.
- The ships produce no noise or carbon emissions, granting passengers only the beautiful sounds of Niagara Falls.
- The two have been christened the James V. Glynn and the Nikola Tesla.
- The boats not only enhance the passenger experience by ridding the air of noise pollution; they will also allow the air quality to improve, protecting the environment for ages to come.
The American-based marine tour operator Maid of the Mist debuted two brand new vessels that are the first-of-their-kind in the United States. These vessels usher in a green future for the attraction that originally launched in 1846, reports Travel Pulse.
Zero carbon emissions
The twin Catamaran style (double-hulled) ships are fully electric, producing zero carbon emissions and removing any engine noise, delivering a new experience that surrounds guests with the sounds of the Niagara Falls.
Fully electric passenger vessels
The two new vessels are the first fully electric passenger vessels ever built in the United States and have been designated the James V. Glynn and Nikola Tesla, Maid of the Mist chairman and CEO and the latter for the electrical energy pioneer. Glynn joined the company in 1950 as a ticket seller; he purchased the company in 1971.
Tesla’s research aided in the development of Niagara Falls’ hydroelectric industry, marking the historical context of these new vessels to be placed into service where hydroelectric power has been harnessed since 1893.
Sustainable and responsible tourism
“The Maid of the Mist has been inseparable from an iconic Niagara Falls visit since the first vessel sailed in 1846,” said President Christopher M. Glynn.
He added, “I am proud to continue the legacy of my father, whose 70-year legacy is forever honored as the namesake of one of these new vessels. It’s an incredible feeling to guide this iconic experience into a new era of providing unforgettable memories while adding a new level of sustainability and responsible tourism to our business.”
A better guest experience
- The utilization of all-electric power not only protects the ecosystem of Niagara Falls; it also will enhance the guest experience.
- Between tours, the boats’ batteries will be recharged, with the charging station in full view to give passengers a sense of the incredible technical undertaking of these new ships.
- During the tour of the falls, guests will be enchanted by the near silence emanating from the boat.
- With diesel removed from the equation, the air quality will be fresher and cleaner than ever before, protecting the environment and making for a more natural guest experience.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: Travel Pulse