AI Avatars Will Soon Attend Your Work Meetings: A Tech CEO

116

A tech CEO has said that by the end of this year, artificial intelligence (AI) avatars will be able to attend work meetings for you. Sam Liang, who is the chief executive of Otter, said that these avatars will be able to act, talk and solve problems like the worker on which they are based. Mr Liang said he attends at least 10 meetings every day, so came up with a tech-driven solution for the problem.

“A prototype can be made working later this year,” Mr Liang told Business Insider.

In trials conducted by Mr Liang’s company, the AI avatars were able to answer 90 per cent of the questions they faced during meeting. “When it got stuck on the remaining 10%, the questions were sent to the human worker with a note saying, ‘Hey, I don’t know how to answer this question – can you help me?'” he added.

Boost employees productivity

Mr Liang said these AI avatars will save employees’ time and boost their productivity. By sending these bots to meetings on customer support, sales and team status updates, employees can utilise the extra hours in their day to focus on more creative tasks and, in turn, make companies more money.

Toughest part

The toughest part is to add emotional intelligence to an AI persona so that it can participate in a meeting in productive ways – raise its voice when needed, and remain calm when required.

The Future of Life Institute, a non-profit aimed at reducing catastrophic risks from advanced artificial intelligence, made headlines in March 2023 when it released an open letter calling for a six-month pause on the training of AI systems more powerful than OpenAI’s GPT-4.

It also said that developing ever-more powerful AI will also risk eliminating jobs to a point where it may be impossible for humans to simply learn new skills and enter other industries.

Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?

It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe

Source : NDTV