* The Baltic dry index, which tracks rates for capesize, panamax and supramax vessels ferrying dry bulk commodities, rose by 57 points, or nearly 1.8%, to 3,240.
* The capesize index increased 103 points, or roughly 2.1%, to 5,109.
* Average daily earnings for capesizes, which typically transport 150,000-tonne cargoes of coal and steel-making ingredient iron ore, increased by $856 to $42,370.
* China’s ferrous prices took off on Monday, with benchmark iron ore and steel futures hitting all-time highs amid robust demand and supply concerns.
* The panamax index gained 59 points, or 2%, to 3,014.
* Average daily earnings for panamaxes, which usually carry coal or grain cargoes of about 60,000 tonnes to 70,00 tonnes, rose $529 to $27,126.
* The supramax index increased 20 points to 2,216. (Reporting by Seher Dareen in Bengaluru; Editing by Amy Caren Daniel)
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!