- Cargill today announced it has been named a winner in the 2023 BIG Innovation Awards presented by the Business Intelligence Group..
- Cargill is uniquely positioned to lead the transformation of our food and agriculture system.
- It will help address many of the world’s most pressing needs – from supply chain continuity to climate action and food security.
“Challenges are getting bigger and the time to solve them shorter,” said Florian Schattenmann, Cargill’s chief technology officer and vice president of Research & Development and Innovation.
The company leverages more than a century of experience to innovate solutions to big, global challenges including:
- In 2021, Cargill launched Cargill RegenConnect, a marketplace that pays farmers for improved soil health, positive environmental outcomes and for each metric ton of carbon sequestered.
- Cargill created a mobile, artificial intelligence-based platform, Digital Saathi, designed to improve farm management practices for farmers in India.
- In spring 2022, Cargill launched Chekt, a new, innovative food locker system piloted inside PPG Arena in Pittsburgh. The system enables fans to use their phones to place an order and select their pickup location inside the stadium.
“Innovation is ‘business critical’ in today’s society,” said Maria Jimenez, chief operating officer of the Business Intelligence Group. “We are thrilled to be honoring Cargill as they are leading by example and improving the lives of so many.”
Cargill helps the world’s food system work for us. It connects farmers with markets, customers with ingredients and families with daily essentials—from the foods they eat to the floors they walk on. The 160,000 team members around the world innovate with purpose, empowering partners and communities as they work to nourish the world in a safe, responsible, sustainable way.
Did you subscribe to our newsletter?
It’s free! Click here to subscribe!