|: Vessel adrift in the sea
|: Han Kong, a general cargo ship
|: 14th September 2015
|: 60 Nautical miles off Phuket Island, Thailand
The cargo ship on its way from Laem Chabang, Thailand to Kolkata, India went adrift in the Andaman Sea due to an engine failure and full black out. The coast guards and local authorities were alerted regarding the incident. A rescue boat was arranged as a standby to help in case of danger for seaworthiness or storm. The ship continued its voyage after ship engineers repaired the technical snag.
Details of the ship:
- The cargo ship is 107.00 m long.
- It has a moulded beam of 19.00 m.
- The ship has a maximum draft of 7.00 m.
- The vessel has a gross tonnage of 5,780GRT.
- The deadweight of the vessel is 7918 DWT.