On September 01, 2023, Cochin Shipyard (CSL) achieved a shipbuilding milestone with the steel cutting ceremony for Two CSOVs for Pelagic Wind Service Ltd., Cyprus, in the virtual presence of Shri Shripad Naik, India’s Minister of State for Ports, Shipping, and Waterways. This marks a significant stride in Indian shipbuilding.
Greener Wind Energy
- Pelagic Wind Service Ltd., Cyprus, is a leading player in offshore wind, promoting sustainability.
- CSOVs designed for offshore wind industry aim to transform commissioning, servicing, and maintenance.
- Green technologies like Methanol-fueled Engines and extensive battery banks highlight India’s commitment to global decarbonization.
- Virtual Inauguration by Shri Shripad Naik Highlights India’s Global Hub Status for High-Value Vessels, with a Project Cost of 1000 Crores Emphasizing Advanced Manufacturing and Sustainability.
- Shri Sripad Naik stated, “This project exemplifies the ‘Make in India — Make for the World’ initiative, reaffirming India’s position as a preferred hub for manufacturing high value, next-generation vessels. These CSOVs will not only bolster our Nation’s shipbuilding reputation but also contribute significantly to the offshore wind industry’s growth.”
Offshore Wind Innovation
Shri. Madhu S Nair, CMD,CSL stated, “The event marks a significant leap forward in the global maritime landscape, as Cochin Shipyard Limited embarks on a prestigious journey.”
- Shri Shripad Naik emphasizes CSL’s dedication to innovation, sustainability, and global collaboration.
- The project reaffirms India’s position on the international shipbuilding map for crafting advanced, high-value vessels.
- Cochin Shipyard Limited showcases India’s shipbuilding excellence, delivering cutting-edge solutions in shipbuilding and maintenance.
- CSOVs are tailored for offshore wind operations with features like a 3D motion-compensated gangway system, a 3D crane, a helideck, and a methanol-ready system, promoting alternative fuels and environmental responsibility.
Pioneering Role of India
India’s remarkable advancements in solar and wind energy have established the nation as a trailblazer in sustainability. They are designed to meet the evolving demands of this rapidly growing sector, where offshore wind energy holds immense potential.
The global offshore wind energy sector is on the brink of significant expansion, with ambitious plans to generate 10% of the world’s energy from offshore wind farms by 2050. Cochin Shipyard Limited’s unwavering dedication to sustainability, and excellence, coupled with its international collaboration on this project, reaffirms its status as a global leader in shipbuilding, shaping the future of maritime solutions.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: Cochin Shipyard Limited