- A freight-tech start-up digitizing the manual processes in forwarding, FreightBro, announced the integration of Maersk Spot within its digital platform for freight forwarders.
- FreightBro platform will now use Maersk Spot APIs, allowing customers to book and secure container space online and in real-time.
- With this integration, freight forwarders can now access real-time rates on the platform.
- The product guarantees equipment availability and cargo loading on Maersk and Safmarine services irrespective of the peak season at a fixed price.
FreightBro recently became the first Indian company to integrate Maersk Spot on its digital platform for freight forwarders, says a press release published in PR News Wire.
What troubles the Shipping sector?
The Shipping sector has been largely influenced by manual and complex booking processes. With digitization kicking in, the deep-rooted inefficiencies in the system are becoming much clear.
The three most significant challenges that the industry faces are
- Less reliability for customers, and
- Price uncertainty
Maersk Spot on FreightBro platform
Earlier in 2019, Maersk came up with its online product, Maersk Spot, that essentially simplifies bookings for customers. It also curbs the cycle of overbookings while guaranteeing cargo loading.
This is a revolutionary step ahead in simplifying supply chains and enhancing the overall booking experience in shipping.
FreightBro’s initiative to integrate Maersk Spot into its digital platform takes this revolutionary product directly to the forwarders and makes their lives easy. The forwarders using the FreightBro platform will be able to reap all the benefits that Maersk Spot entails.
Additionally, Maersk Spot aims to address the main challenges and is meant to change on the FreightBro platform with this integration:
- Guaranteed Loading and Equipment availability
- Price Guarantee
- Two Way Commitment
- Better predictability
- Enhanced Efficiencies
A sustainable move
Speaking about the integration, Mr Kathiresan Eswaramurthy, COO, FreightBro, mentioned, “Maersk Spot is indeed a game-changer and our customers can benefit not only from the rate discovery, but they can also search, compare and book instantly, with guaranteed equipment and space on the FreightBro platform.”
“Maersk Spot on the FreightBro platform surely is a sustainable product. In an industry that is quite dynamic, such integrations bring about the much-needed reliability a customer seeks,” said V Anand Babu, Head of Partnerships, FreightBro.
He added, “With guaranteed loading and equipment availability, two of the biggest woes of a freight forwarder are automatically addressed. Overbooking and visibility challenges that the industry faces will be eliminated over a period of time. All in all, it’s a win-win scenario for the line as well as forwarders.”
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: PR News Wire