- MABUX World Bunker Index indicated specific irregular changes on September 20.
- The most critical changes were reported in Fujairah and Houston, where the undercharge level heightened by 18 and 21 points respectively.
MABUX: Downward changes to prevail in the Global Bunker market on Sep. 22, reports MABUX.
MABUX World Bunker Index is an index calculated on current prices for 380 HSFO, VLSFO, and MGO in the main world hubs, which affirmed subtle abnormal changes on Sep. 20. These are listed below:
380 HSFO – USD/MT – 518.76 (-3.88)
VLSFO – USD/MT – 785.84 (-2.21)
MGO – USD/MT – 1 114.70 (+12.37)
According to MDI, 380 HSFO fuel grade vs MABUX DBP Index were underestimated on Sep. 21 in all designated ports.
The underestimation premium was registered as:
- Rotterdam – minus $106 (minus $102 the day before)
- Singapore – minus $146 (minus $150 the day before)
- Fujairah – minus $160 (minus $142 the day before)
- Houston – by minus $64 (minus $43 the day before).
MDI has decreased for most of the selected ports. The most substantial changes were reported in Fujairah and Houston, where the undercharge level rose by 18 and 21 points respectively.
According to the MDI index, the VLSFO fuel grade segment, the selected ports were in the overcharge zone:
- Rotterdam – plus $12 (no changes)
- Singapore – plus $53 (plus $38 the day before)
- Fujairah – plus $50 (plus $45 the day before)
- Houston plus $25 (plus $16 the day before).
As per MDI, an upward tendency is registered in the VLSFO section. The most considerable differences were inferred in Singapore, where the overcharge level increased by 15 points.
MGO LS was undercharged in three out of four selected ports:
- Rotterdam – by minus $22 (minus $19 the day before)
- Singapore – by minus $58 (minus $75 the day before)
- Houston – by minus $11 (plus $1 the day before).
This fuel grade persisted overcharged in Fujairah – by plus $214 (plus $220 the day before). MDI index in the MGO LS segment waned for most of the selected ports.
The most significant changes were registered in Singapore and in Houston.
Global bunker prices are anticipated to have downward transitions on September 22.
The price for 380 HSFO may lessen by 2-4 USD/MT, VLSFO – by 4-6 USD/MT, MGO LS – may decline by 7-10 USD/MT.
Did you subscribe to our daily Newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe.