Now, you will not require an internet connection to use Gmail. nkmsm explains all you need to do to send email offline.
Gmail works offline?
For work, education, entertainment to finance, Internet has now become a basic necessity. It spans each and every aspect of everyone’s life. And, almost every app requires internet connection to run and that included email. But now, Gmail can be used to send emails offline.
Yes, you will not require any internet connection to run it. You will be able to read, respond to, and search your Gmail messages even when you are not connected to the Internet by visiting mail.google.com.
It can be noted that in order to make it easier to use Gmail to send email offline, it is recommended to bookmark mail.google.com in Chrome. Also if you are using Gmail with your work or school account, you can ask your admin to help change your settings.
How to turn on Gmail offline
- Step 1: On your computer, make sure you have downloaded Chrome. You can only use Gmail offline in a Chrome browser window, not using Incognito mode.
- Step 2: Go to Gmail offline settings or click on the link- https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/offline.
- Step 3: Check “Enable offline mail.”
- Step 4: Choose your settings, such as how many days of messages you want to sync.
- Step 5: Click Save changes.
How to bookmark Gmail to use offline
- You can bookmark your inbox to make accessing your email offline easier.I
- In Chrome, open your Gmail inbox.
- To the right of the address bar, click Star.
How to use Gmail offline
To use Gmail when you are not connected to the internet, you will have to go to mail.google.com, or click the bookmark you created for Gmail offline in Chrome. It needs to be noted that when you send emails offline, your email goes into a new “Outbox” folder and gets sent as soon as you go back online. You can even uninstall Gmail offline. Check the steps below:
How to uninstall Gmail offline
- Remove your offline data: On your computer, open Google Chrome. Then at the top right, click More and then Settings. At the bottom, click Advanced. Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings and then Cookies. Click See all cookies and site data and then Remove all.
- Turn off Gmail offline: Go to Gmail offline settings. And then uncheck “Enable offline mail.”
Did you subscribe to our newsletter?
It’s free! Click here to subscribe!