- Maritime communications are set to move away from the ‘one size fits all’ approach to become fully customisable, predicts connectivity specialist IEC Telecom.
- IEC Telecom says having the flexibility to provide individual, customised solutions across fleets and even for individual vessels is the next step in the digital revolution.
IEC Telecom has launched a new customisable suite of applications – OptiSoft – for use across a wide range of maritime sectors, reports the company website.
Customized solutions for vessel fleet
The new applications suite can provide customized solutions across a fleet of vessel or even individual ships for customers.
Nabil Ben Soussia, ceo Asia, Middle East & CIS for IEC Telecom Group, said: “Customisation using individual solutions will play a leading role in the future of maritime digitalisation. The advanced sectors of the industry are already moving away from the need to have different systems and devices.“
“Instead, future maritime communications will be housed in one device, fully customisable, adaptable and upgradeable whatever, whenever and wherever you need,” he added.
Advanced communication services
OptiSoft offers a wide range of advanced communication services optimised for the maritime industry including reliable email management, advanced cyber security, robust data transfer, and remote configuration, as well as enabling a range of vessel administration processes.
It can be accessed from a connected laptop and has low bandwith requirements, is affordable for both smaller and larger vessels, and requires no specialist hardware.
Optimized fleet connectivity
Ben Soussia added: “Having worked with the maritime sector for many years we are able to identify what our customers need and produce solutions which are futureproof. Optisoft will transform the way you operate your fleet connectivity.”
He concluded, “In addition, all of these advanced applications have been developed to include a strong element of cyber security – protecting your vessel systems while helping you to comply with the latest cyber security regulations, including the IMO’s new guidelines. As industry requirements evolve, we are committed to supplying services which meet all demands.”
A cloud-based dashboard
The suite of services is managed via a cloud-based dashboard which can be accessed by any web-enabled device. The applications can be added or amended remotely, giving a high-level of flexibility to the system.
OptiSoft’s suite of applications currently includes:
- OneMail – Cost-efficient email management for small vessels
- OneMailPro – Email management application for corporate networks with multiple users
- OneCover – Comprehensive antivirus solution
- OneShare – coming soon – this advanced file-transfer service enables efficient sea to shore data transmission
OptiSoft services can be accessed via a connected laptop with lowest bandwidth requirements. Hence the new portfolio of services is affordable both to small and large vessels.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: IEC Telecom