Watch the above video that shows how huge steel container boxes are manufactured. This video is shot at the Big Steel Box Factory, Shanghai, China.
To recount the process:
- The process starts with steel rolls that are unrolled and cut into sheets. They undergo sandblasting, priming and corrugation to add strength.
- In a parallel process, the roof panels and floor braces are manufactured. Wall panels are welded. Welding square tubing is done to the top of the wall assembly.
- This is followed by the floor frame assembly, the door assembly, corner post assembly and the door frame assembly.
- Next the doors are installed into the floor frames. Wall panels are then installed. Next step is the roof panel fixing and priming followed by painting of the exteriors and interiors.
- The finishing touches are the floor panel varnishing, fixing of the wooden panels on the floor unit after holes have been drilled into them. The floor panels are screwed securely to the floor panel underneath.
- External logo stickers come next. The door’s hardware lock is installed. Doors are rubber lined to make them watertight. Even the boxes undersides are waterproofed.
- Finally, the testing happens to ensure that the box is water tight by tunnelling them into a water spray.
- The final inspection takes place to ensure that it is a Grade A Big Steel Box.
Disclaimer: This video is intended for informational purpose only. This may not be construed as a news item or advice of any sort. Please consult the experts in that field for the authenticity of the presentations.
Did you subscribe for our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: BigSteelBoxTV on youtube