|Event||: Launch and Christening celebrations|
|Vessel||: Cement Carrier|
|Christened as||: MV Greenland|
|Built for||: Joint venture JT cement, in which Erik Thun AB cooperates with KG Jebsen Cement (KGJ) from Norway|
|Built At||: Shipyard Ferus Smit of the Netherlands.|
Highlights of MV Greenland:
- This vessel is the first ever dry cargo vessel with:
- LNG-fuelled propulsion system and
- A pressurised tank incorporated inside the hull
- It has a tank made of double walled cylindrical stainless steel with a capacity of 130 cubic meters.
- The main engine of the vessel is 6-cylinder featured Wärtsilä 34DF along with an enclosed gas valve unit.
- The vessel is based on the principle of fluidization of cement with compressed air, which makes the loading and unloading of the cargo fully automated.
- The cement will flow through a completed closed pump which makes it dust-free.
Source: Dennis Penito on YouTube