According to an article published in MarineLink, Lloyd’s Maritime Academy announced that people living and currently working in Hong Kong’s maritime sector can benefit from an 80% refund on nine of its courses as part of the Maritime and Aviation Training Fund (MATF) introduced by the Hong Kong Maritime and Port Board.
Aim of MATF
The aim of the MATF is to build up a vibrant, diversified and competitive pool of professionals and technical personnel to support Hong Kong’s future development in both the maritime and aviation sectors. May 2019 saw $200 million being injected into the MATF for a further six years.
Courses approved under the scheme
Nine of Lloyd’s Maritime Academy’s courses have been included in the Pre-approved Courses of Professional Training and Examination Refund Scheme under the MATF.
As part of its Discover and Develop through lifelong learning phases, the courses include:
- Diploma in Maritime Business Management
- Diploma in Ship Management
- Diploma in Small Craft Surveying
- Diploma in Port Management
- Diploma in Marine Engineering
- Certificate in Chartering
- Diploma in Ship Superintendency
- Diploma in Marine Surveying
- Certificate in Maritime Law & Shipping Contracts.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!