The latest rankings of the top 10 container lines were released by Alphaliner. Maintaining its lead in total TEU capacity, Maersk ranks top in the latest rankings.
Hapag-Lloyd, the German liner, was previously in fourth position which has been overtaken by the Taiwanese Evergreen Line. Now Hapag-Lloyd is in fifth position. Although Cosco and China Shipping Container Lines are ranked as sixth and seventh, respectively, the recent green light for the pair’s merger could see both lines collectively taking the number four slot in the coming months.
Top 10 Container lines are:
- APM-Maersk – 3,015,257 TEU
- Mediterranean Shipping Company – 2,673,754 TEU
- CMA CGM Group – 1814764 TEU
- Evergreen Line – 941681 TEU
- Hapag-Lloyd – 938828
- COSCO Container L. – 854885 TEU
- CSCL – 698695 TEU
- Hamburg Sud Group – 650385 TEU
- Hanjin Shipping – 626217 TEU
- OOCL – 575846 TEU
To check the complete list please click here.