MOL has announced its endorsement of the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) and signed a statement to act in accordance with the principles.
WEPs are action principles for actively working to promote the advancement of women, jointly developed by the United Nations Global Compact and the United Nations Development Fund for Women (now UN Women) in March 2010.
WEPs 7 Principles
Seven principles for companies to place gender equality at the core of their management and to voluntarily address this issue
- Principle 1: Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Principle 2: Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination
- Principle 3: Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
- Principle 4: Promote education, training and professional development for women
- Principle 5: Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Principle 6: Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Principle 7: Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
Creating a culture of diversity
MOL Group positions diversity and inclusion, including the promotion of women’s participation, as a “new driving force for growth” and places it at the core of its human resource strategy, creating a framework that enables the creation of new value by combining the diverse personalities and abilities of each and every employee worldwide.
By supporting the seven principles of WEPs, the group will continue to communicate and create a culture of diversity and inclusion in Japan and overseas so that each and every employee can maximize their potential and realize our corporate philosophy, “From the blue oceans, we sustain people’s lives and ensure a prosperous future.”
Did you subscribe to our daily Newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe