MOL Receives The First SIGTTO Certification Of Seafarer Training
MOL Marine Co. Ltd.,(MOLMC) has received the certification of an LEG (Liquefied Ethane Gas) / LPG Training Course for very large ethane carriers.
DNV GL, an international third-party certification body and classification society jointly established by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) and Germanischer Lloyd (GL) has provided MOLMC- the certification of an LEG (Liquefied Ethane Gas) / LPG Training Course for very large ethane carriers (VLECs; with cargo capacity of more than 80,000 m3) that meets the proficiency standards set by the Society of International Gas Tanker & Terminal Operators Ltd. (SIGTTO).
The training programs make MOL to be the world’s first shipping company allowed to offer all liquefied gas transport standard training courses meeting SIGTTO standards at its training centers.
- MOL provides LNG carrier seafarer education programs:
- The SIGTTO-compliant “LNG Carrier Standard Training Course”.
- A new “LEG / LPG Training Course”.
- MOL along with the Reliance Industries, India, participates in a liquefied ethane ocean transport project that loads cargo in the U.S. and discharges it in India.
- Seafarers who complete the certified LEG / LPG Training Course will board six VLECs that will be delivered one after another starting at the end of this year.
- MOL will develop more effective training programs for the seafarers who support its drive to be “the world leader in safe operation,” while gearing up to meet an anticipated increase in demand for ocean transport of energy resources.
An international organization aimed at ensuring the safety of the LNG and LPG business, from production/transport to consumption. It developed the international SIGTTO Standards for LNG carrier seafarer training. As of September 2006, SIGGTO had 151 member organizations including major international oil companies in Europe and electric power/gas companies.