The Iris Sculpture has set a new auction record for the Rocky star Sylvester Stallone, who was once its owner.
According to the auctioneers – The bronze ‘daring’ nude sculpture was sold for £11.6m.
- The Iris sculpture last appeared at auction in 2007 at Sotheby’s in London when it sold for £4.6m.
- The previous auction record for a Rodin was set in 2008 when his sculpture of Eve sold in New York for £9.6m.
- The sculpture was created by Rodin cast between 1902 and 1905.
- Out of the Robin’s creation, two sculptures are in private hands while five other are in museum.
- One another sale in auction – Pablo Picasso’s Tete de femme, a 1935 portrait, sold for £18.9m.