- The Union of Greek Shipowners (UGS) has contrived the supply of medical equipments.
- Extends helping hands to the hospitals, their doctors and nurses who are fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Union has provided medical ventilators, portable medical ventilators, ICU bedside monitors and ICU hospital beds as well as consumables for ICUs.
In a joint decision with Latsis Foundation and SYN-ENOSIS, which in recent years have been co-financing the COLLABORATE FOR HEALTH programme, all this year’s funding will now be available for the purchase of 20,000 diagnostic tests of the coronavirus for the needs of University Laboratories in Attica and Thessaloniki, reports safety4sea.
UGS support the Greek Police and Coast Guard personnel
Also, the Union decided to boost the work performed by the Greek Police and Coast Guard personnel, protecting public health during this critical period, through various actions, such as
- by offering vehicles of different types and repairing the largest Navy vessel,
- “GAVDOS” which protects the borders in the area of Evros and the Aegean Sea, and
- by providing them with relevant consumables for their personal protection against the coronavirus.
In light of the above, the President of the UGS and of SYN-ENOSIS, Mr. Theodore Veniamis, stated
” I would like to wholeheartedly thank all the member of our shipping family who have passionately embraced the initiative of the UGS and who, with their prompt response, have enabled our shipping industry to provide aid and support for our society and our compatriots, while remaining committed to the timeless humanitarian values of social solidarity and contribution.”
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
Its Free! Click here to Subscribe!