Singapore Announces Economic Relief for Maritime

149

  • Singapore adopts economic relief measures for maritime.
  • MPA will extend 50% port dues concession to passenger vessels for another 4 months.
  • MPA’s 35% rebates on counter rental and overnight berthing for regional ferry operators added to SCCPL’s 15% rebate, brings total rebates to 50%.
  • MPA grants 100% waiver of public licence fees for passenger terminal operators.

MPA Singapore will provide economic relief for maritime that saw a drop in passenger volumes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, says a circular published on their website.

Who will get economic relief?

MPA Singapore has decided to provide economic relief to 

  • passenger vessel owners and operators, as well as 
  • passenger terminal operators, 

who have seen a drop in passenger volumes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The rebates and concessions planned

Extension of 50% port dues concession to passenger vessels

MPA will extend the 50% port due concession for another four months till 31 December 2020.

In February 2020, MPA announced a 50% port dues concession to passenger vessels from 1 March to 31 August 2020. 

This will be on top of all existing port dues concessions.

35% rebates on counter rental and overnight berthing for regional ferry operators

To provide support to regional ferry operators, MPA plans to work with passenger terminal operator, Singapore Cruise Centre Pte. Ltd. (SCCPL).

SCCPL has given a 15% rebate to regional ferry operators to offset their monthly rental fees for overnight berthing of vessels and counter rental at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal for three months from March 2020. 

MPA will provide an additional 35% rebate to these operators, bringing the total rebates to 50%.

100% waiver of public licence fees for passenger terminal operators

MPA will grant passenger terminal operators, SCCPL and SATS-Creuers Cruise Services Pte. Ltd., a 100% waiver of their public licence fees for one year (FY 2019).

Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?

It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!

Source: MPA

LEAVE A REPLY

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.