The upcoming 3rd edition of Coastal Shipping and IWT Business Forum 2015 is to be held on August 7th Friday. It will mostly feature the challenges and opportunities faced by India’s coastal shipping industry.
- The business forum comes with a renewed energy for newer horizons.
- Investor-friendly policies are being framed to revive coastal shipping.
- Government to provide incentives to the shippers using coastal shipping and IWT (Inland Water Transport).
- All Ports to provide priority berthing for coastal vessels at no extra cost.
- Government plans for a PPP route to develop the dedicated berths with efficient cargo handling systems and warehouse facilities.
The organizers of the forum made a mention of the importance of addressing the dire needs and concerns of the users to realize the vision of promoting coastal shipping.