- The Member Authorities of the Tokyo and the Paris Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) on Port State Control will launch a joint Concentrated Inspection Campaign (CIC).
- The Campaign generally focuses on Stability of Ship.
The Member Authorities of the Tokyo and the Paris Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) on Port State Control will launch a joint Concentrated Inspection Campaign (CIC) on Stability (in general), reports American Club.
The purpose of the campaign on ship stability in general is to:
- confirm that the ship’s crew are familiar with assessing the actual stability condition on completion of cargo operations before departure of the ship and on all stages of the voyage;
- create awareness among the ship’s crew and owners about the importance of calculating the actual stability condition of the ship on completion of cargo operations and before departure of the ship; and
- verify that the ship complies with intact stability requirements (and damage stability requirements, if applicable) under the relevant IMO instruments.
Campaign Commencement Date
The inspection campaign will commence on September 1, 2021 and end on November 30, 2021. Further details regarding the CIC can be found here.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source : American Club