Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industries (ZPMC) has placed an order with TMC Compressors to supply a marine compressed air system for a news pipelay vessel, says an article published in Offshore Energy Today.
What would TMC provide?
TMC will supply a major marine compressed air system consisting of
- four working air compressors,
- four desiccant air dryers,
- two instrument air compressors, and desiccant air dryers,
- four starting air compressors,
- four high-pressure compressors for the vessel’s tensioning system,
- plus four high-pressure air dryers.
The company did not disclose the value of the contract but did describe the deal as “substantial.”
Newbuild vessel spec
ZPMC’s newbuild is a JSD6000 derrick pipelay vessel with:
- An overall length of 215.88 meters, a width of 49 meters, and draft of 10.83 meters.
- It can accommodate 399 people and is equipped with:
- 5,000 tonnes of full-slewing cranes,
- J-Lay and S-Lay two-type pipe laying system,
- eight-point positioning mooring system, and
- DP3 dynamic positioning system.
- The ship can effectively combine the two types of pipe laying systems, which can realize the single ship pipelaying operation under shallow water, deep water, and ultra-deepwater.
- The laying pipe diameter covers 6-60 inches, and the pipe laying has a maximum water depth of 3,000 meters.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: Offshore Engineer Today