1. Xu Lirong, China Cosco Shipping Group
Can Capt Xu leave his handprints on the ‘Avenue of Stars’ of China’s shipping history?
2. Hanjin/KDB/Korea Inc
Hanjin bankruptcy suggests Seoul might need to rethink South Korea’s growth model
3. Robert Uggla and Søren Skou, Maersk Group
Two at the top of new line-up are set to steer Danish powerhouse in a new direction
4. Saadé family, CMA CGM
Second generation steps up as consolidation strengthens French line’s power base
5. Deputy crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi and Opec oil
The power behind the executives holds the oil price dynamics in his hands
6. John Fredriksen, Seatankers
The billionaire and his companies are embroiled in some serious backfoot action to ride out the tough markets and get into position for the uptick when it comes
7. John Angelicoussis, Angelicoussis Shipping Group
Top Greek owner still believes in playing the long game
8. Aponte Family, Mediterranean Shipping Co
Low–profile family invests heavily in cruiseships as container trades stumble
9. Michael Behrendt/Rolf Habben Jansen, Hapag-Lloyd
When the dust finally settles, the new chief executive will be the head of the world’s fifth-largest container line
10. Eyal Ofer and sons, Zodiac Maritime
Father and two sons have deliberately defended their brand value
Did you subscribe for our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: Lloyds List