Shipping company Wanmar signs contract for VM scrubber in order to comply with the IMO2020 regulations, says an article published in Value Maritime website.
The scrubber contract
Wanmar, in order to comply with the IMO2020 regulations has taken the step to turn to scrubbers. They have signed a contract for a Value Maritime Scrubber 3.0 MW to be installed on their multipurpose cargo vessel, The mv Donau.
- The mv Donau is a worldwide class multipurpose seagoing cargo vessel for transporting all types of cargo.
- The mv Donau is owned and operated by Rederij Wantij BV, located in The Netherlands.
- The mv Donau sails for Longship BV at Groningen, Netherlands and mostly trades in Baltic, North Sea and sometimes in the Mediterranean.
- The mv Donau is a seagoing, general cargo vessel with worldwide class.
- The vessel is operated by Captain/Owner John Hartman and Captain/Owner Naftali Blokzijl.
Why Value Maritime scrubber system was chosen?
John Hartman- Captain/Owner Rederij Wantij said:
Rapidly changing environmental rules
Wanmar shipping company chose to equip the vessel with a scrubber mainly because of the very rapidly changing environmental rules that have major financial consequences.
Plug and play concept
“To improve our position on the freight market, we have decided to equip our ship with a Value Maritime scrubber. We have also opted for a Value Maritime scrubber because of its plug and play concept.”
- The scrubber is fairly easy to install with a very short installation time.
- The scrubber filters ultra-fine particulate matter and even saves CO2 emissions compared to using Marine Gasoil.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: Value Maritime