In a recent circular, Dr. Vis of the Viswa Group has instilled hope and faith in its customers and clients by highlighting the good news coming out of the coronavirus pandemic.
Here’s the letter written by Dr. Vis.
Here is some very important news on the Coronavirus pandemic:
- Recently approval has been received for a point of care test by a small diagnostic company Cephid that can run results in 45 minutes.
- In the biggest breakthrough so far, Abbott Laboratories has received approval for a test that it says can show positive results in five minutes.
- The company hopes to start delivering kits this week, ramping up production to 50,000 tests a day.
- Purdue University biomedical engineers have created a handheld paper device similar to a home pregnancy test that can be used to test a variety of viruses and return results in 40 minutes.
- The FDA is also on a fast‐track review of finger‐prick antibody blood test by diagnostics firm Biomerica that can return results in as few as 10 minutes and can show if a person was recently infected even in the absence of symptoms.
- On the other hand, Generic manufacturers are ramping up production of the medicines for experimental use.
- Gilead had begun testing its experimental antiviral drug remdesivir on more than 1,000 patients, and six trials are now underway globally.
- Of particular interest is the rheumatoid arthritis drug Kevzara by Regeneron and Sanofi that inhibits the molecule “interleukin 6,” which is believed to cause acute respiratory inflammation in severely ill patients.
- Most medicines now being taken off the shelves are already known to be safe to humans, so trials now can determine if they are effective against the coronavirus, and at what dosage and duration.
- At least a half dozen biotech firms and universities are working on antibody treatments from blood collected from recovered patients.
- Dozens of vaccines are also being developed and tested but probable won’t be available for months if they work.
- Using drugs already known cuts down the trial and approval process.
The war against the virus goes on…..
Dr. Vis and Viswa Group
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: Viswa Lab