According to an article published in Reuters, Wallenius Wilhelmsen has taken decisive action in preparation for challenging COVID-19.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen ASA – proposed dividend for 2019 is withdrawn
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen ASA – up to four vessels will be recycled, and preparations are being made to place up to 10 vessels in cold lay-up
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen ASA – estimated cost saving for a vessel in cold lay-up is USD 3-4,000 per day depending on the length of lay-up.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen ASA – new buildings under construction will be further delayed due to disruption COVID-19 is causing
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen ASA – given situation and to preserve cash until we have more certainty, management has reduced Capex spend to a minimum, prioritizing safety and maintenance critical expenditures
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen ASA – this includes deferring some larger expansion projects in our landbased operations as well as cancellation of four remaining scrubber installations.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!