Pioneering Spirit is one of the largest vessels ever built. It is the world’s largest platform installation/decommissioning and pipelay vessel built for the Allseas company. The vessel is on a prolonged stay in the Netherlands due to problems with the installation and commissioning of the topsides lift system beams.
- The gross tonnage of the vessel is 403,342 gt.
- The length of the vessel is 382 m.
- It has a breadth of 123.75 m.
- The main construction was done at Daewoo Shipyard, Korea.
- The final phase of completion will be done in Netherlands.
- A Finnish engineering company Deltamarin designed this vessel.
- Allseas has committed to build Pioneering Spirit at a cost of US$1.7 billion.
Have a unique look at the ship in Rotterdam captured by the drones.
Source: vkmag on YouTube