Seatrade Maritime is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Panama Maritime Review by hosting a series of webinars that will look at different sectors of the maritime industry.
Webinar Topic: The challenge faced by Ship Registries in a digital and post-pandemic era
Date & Time: 21 October at 8:00am PT/ 2:00pm BST/ 9:00pm SGT
Ship registry: A changing landscape
The changing landscape for operating a ship registry will be discussed by,
- Rafael Cigarruista, head of the Panama Ship Registry and executives from the industry,
- Simon Ring, Pole Star Global Head of Financial Markets Compliance and
- Joaquin de Obarrio, Attorney at Patton, Moreno & Asvat Law firm
The one-hour session will be moderated by Seatrade Maritime News editor Marcus Hand.
Digitalisation: A key differentiator
The panel will look at how the Panama Registry has become fully digital and the processes and safeguards involved in this investment and how digitalisation has accelerated the process of remote surveys.
Inspections and the importance of compliance and the Port State Control record of registries, will feature amongst the topics.
- The increased cooperation across all sectors and the huge investments required to make shipping carbon neutral are driving collaboration.
- The panel will discuss what is happening in the ship registry space and what forms of cooperation might be seen in the future.
Did you subscribe to our daily newsletter?
It’s Free! Click here to Subscribe!
Source: Seatrade Maritime News