Miko Fix a new electric underwater drill and fastening system which makes you to drive the screw into steel hulls in a single operation. You can use it to secure anodes, brackets and adapter plates, or the Flexi Shape Miko Plaster for quick repair after collisions or groundings.
Miko Marine has introduced a battery operated, cordless fastening system for underwater drilling and fastening.
|Max. Water Depth||50 m|
|Max. Steel Thickness||22 mm|
|Max. Torque||39 N/m|
|Holding Force||450 kg|
|Footprint (Magnet)||155 x 115 mm|
|Net Weight||Magnet: 3 kg|
|Drill & jig: 5,5 kg|
|Submerged Weight (complete)||6,0 kg|
|Gross Weight||Magnet: 10 kg|
|Drill & jig: 10 kg|
Special features of Miko fix:
- It can penetrate and join two metal plates up to 22 mm thick in one action.
- It can be operated down to 50 m.
- It is mounted on a specially designed stand that is clamped to the workpiece by high –power permanent magnets.
- The drill is equipped with a speed setting, rotational direction switch, LED lights and a torque setting with 16 steps.
- The drill and drill stand are supplied in a waterproof heavy duty plastic case.
- It has a holding force of up to 450 Kgs.
- It enables the diver to operate the tool efficiently in any orientation and ensures necessary counterforce needed to drill and secure the Miko bolt to the hull.
- The underwater drilling is made easy and saves time when compared to any conventional repair methods.
- The drilling position can be adjusted accurately by rotating the drill around the center rod.
Contents of Miko Fix
- 1 pcs Cordless Electric Drill
- 1 pcs Stainless Steel Drill Stand
- 1 pcs MAM-003 Miko Anchor Magnet
- 2 pcs Screw Holder
- 100 pcs Self Tapping Screws
- 1 pcs Spare Battery
- 1 pcs Spare Chuck
- 1 pcs Pump to Pressurize the Drill
- 1 pcs Battery Charger
- 1 pcs User Manual
How to use Miko fix:
Step 1: Position and secure the system to the drilling surface by the magnet.
Step 2: Secure the miko bolt in the screw holder.
Step 3: Ensure the drilling position.
Step 4: Rotate the drill around the center rod to adjust the drilling position.
Step 5: When the drill is positioned as desired, pull the handle to feed and press the On/Off trigger switch to start drilling.
Step 6: Use the magnet lever to release and reposition.
Where to use Miko fix?
Miko fix system can be used for a huge variety of repair and construction tasks underwater although it was developed specifically for use with the Miko FlexiShape patch. These are manufactured to provide a temporary watertight seal that can be used to close-off damage to a ship’s hull and make it seaworthy for sailing to a drydock for permanent repairs. It is specially used for:
- Anode fixing
- Fastening of Flexi Shape Miko Plaster®
- Fastening anchor points for guiding or lifting wires
- Fastening brackets or adaptor plates for other tools